Meridian Cloud is Accruent’s enterprise-grade engineering document management system that provides a repository for an organization’s blueprints and CAD drawings, and other asset technical information. Its configurable workflows help users streamline collaboration with all internal departments and ensures every document change is versioned and audited to assure regulatory compliance.
The SOC 2 Type II audit assures Meridian Cloud’s processes have been verified in the critical areas of:
- Security – Including intrusion detection, multi-factor authentication, and use of network and application firewalls to keep data repositories safe from intruders.
- Availability – Including performance monitoring, security incident handling, and disaster recovery to make certain that information is available when it is needed.
Meridian Cloud delivers benefits both at the handover of a new facility from construction to operations teams as well to those responsible for the ongoing maintenance of those facilities. These benefits include the ability to:
- Deliver instant access to engineering documents to maintenance and engineering departments via desktop or mobile device
- Automatically append comments and photos from maintenance to engineering departments for document updates
- Maintain version control to assure that users always see current information
- Retain relationships between documents, CAD models and assets and assure the quality, accuracy and completeness of asset data and metadata in a unified system
- Integrate technical document access with most major Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) systems to deliver technical documentation with the click of a button from within those systems
“Completing a SOC 2 Type II audit is a challenging process that required us not only to demonstrate the quality of our controls, but to do so on an ongoing basis,” said Patrick Kuijper, Director of Engineering, Accruent. “Because we know that our customers manage valuable and critical assets, it was important to us to demonstrate our commitment to them.”
Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers worldwide in markets including retail, manufacturing, corporate facilities and real estate, healthcare, higher education, public sector, utilities and telecommunications, providing comprehensive software solutions for the built environment. Its Meridian EDM software helps more than 1,000 clients around the globe manage technical documentation for more than $1.5 trillion in assets. Meridian users include the majority of the world’s largest chemical, pharmaceutical and oil and gas companies as well as companies in other asset-intensive industries such as utilities, manufacturing and transportation.
“Our clients include companies that provide essential services for people around the world,” added Pat Jenakanandhini, Senior Vice President, Product Management, Accruent. “Demonstrating to them that Meridian will continue to deliver availability, security and data privacy and integrity gives them the assurance that their critical asset data can be relied on so that they can deliver important goods and services with confidence.”
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, physical and digital assets, and the integrated technology systems that connect and control them. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world.