Howdy folks,

I am a civil engineering undergrad (just passed my FE!!!) who graduates this semester!

As I begin looking for career paths, structural engineering is looking like my top preference at the moment. I have an internship designing steel connections and I also am getting some research experience at a steel lab at my school.

The traditional path for SE’s seems to be working for firm that specializes in structural engineering, and that firm is a consultant for the architect who leads a project. However, I noticed that some firms have an in-house structural engineering department, like HKS.

Do any SE’s on here know what this is about? Do lots of architecture firms do this? It sounds interesting to me, since it seems like I would be part of the earlier design phase of a building, which sounds different. How is working within an architecture firm different from working for a structural engineering firm? Thanks yall!

Thank you all for your input!

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *