Historic structures need to be restored in line with international guidance and charters developed by architects and archaeologists, but technical understanding of structural engineering and materials is crucial, particularly with respect to response to earthquake loading.
This guide to structural assessment and restoration of masonry monuments and historical buildings outlines the techniques, materials and design procedures used. It begins with principles, theory and practice and then presents case studies.
The assessment focusses on
- Building materials and construction techniques used in the past
- The mechanics of masonry
- The structural behavior of masonry monuments and historical buildings
- In-situ investigation and laboratory tests for existing and restoration materials.
The restoration elaborates on
- Techniques and materials available for structural restoration
- Structural analysis and design
- Deciding on the restoration scheme
- Emergency measures and protective measures.
|Title||Structural Restoration of Masonry Monuments: Arches, Domes and Walls|
|Author||George G. Penelis (Author), Gregory G. Penelis (Author)|
|ISBN||ISBN-13: 978-0367109479 ISBN-10: 0367109476|
|Download Method||Direct Download|
|Download Links||BECOME A MEMBER VIEW DOWNLOAD LINKS|